Registered Nurse (RN) Job Description
Registered Nurse (RN) – Emergency Department
Emergency Department, Full Time, Nights
Published Date: March 31, 2020 Salary Range: $26.06 – $34.64 /hourly
About the job
Washington Regional Medical Center is in search of energetic and passionate individuals to join our quickly evolving team as a Registered Nurse (RN)! Our goal is to make Washington Regional Medical Center one of the top regional medical centers of excellence in our area. We aim to put our best foot forward with our ability to provide great care for each and every patient that we serve! If these goals align with your aspirations for working in the medical setting, then this may be the position for you! We are currently in search of a qualified and confident Registered Nurse (RN)!
Provide the highest quality care possible to adolescent, adult and geriatric patients Cooperates and establishes a good working rapport with physicians, colleagues, and other hospital personnel.
- Assist the Director of Nursing (DoN)/manager/charge nurse when needed.
- Keep the DoN/manager informed of patients, needs, and problems on the nursing unit.
- Delegates and supervises LPNs and CNAs and works with other appropriate interdisciplinary team staff members such as MDs, FNPs, RNs, Respiratory Therapists, Physical Therapists, Case Manager, and more.
- Communicates with patients, patient’s families, and other nursing staff and hospital personnel with good communication skills.
- Review physician’s orders daily and follow through and complete MD’s orders in a timely and effective manner.
- Assist in reviewing and revising policies and procedures.
- Participates in orientation and in-service training for personnel.
- Maintains professional approach with confidentiality.
- Remain calm and resourceful in an emergency.
- Employment by Affinity Health Partners
- National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Approved Site (pending application) for HRSA application support
- Well-established family medicine practice with loyal patient base
- Close campus proximity to Washington Regional Medical Center – a 25-bed critical access hospital offering a broad range of services including Emergency, Radiology (x-ray, CT, and mammography), Laboratory, Physical Rehabilitation, Acute Care and Swing Bed services
- Competitive Compensation and Comprehensive Benefit Package to include: Annual CME Stipend and Time off; Vacation, Sick, & Holidays PTO time; Malpractice (with tail), Medical, Dental & Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
- Ability to live in a beautiful waterfront community, near the NC coastline, with an affordable cost of living
Plymouth is in the heart of Washington County, NC, a small town that honors its historic traditions located on the Roanoke River in the Albemarle Region near Swan Bay. Stroll Plymouth’s Water Street along the riverfront and in just four short blocks you’ll discover the top-rated Port ‘O Plymouth history/Civil War museum, The Roanoke River Lighthouse and Maritime Museum, a wildlife museum that offers a hands-on experience about local and exotic animals, a riverfront boardwalk and the Rail Switch Nature Trail. Browse waterfront antique shops and unique eateries along the way, and discover the undeveloped beaches, rivers, and small historic towns of this region.
- Beautiful waterfront community
- Only 45 miles east of Greenville, NC and 60 miles inland from the spectacular Manteo and Outer Banks beaches
- Desirable climate with mild winters and all 4 seasons – ideal for outdoor enthusiasts
- Provides diverse and affordable housing, including waterfront homes and land
- A number of school options including public, charter, parochial and private nearby